Celebrating 12 years of private practice!
An Integrative Approach: Emotional, Relational, & Spiritual
As a board-certified life coach and non-licensed, trauma-informed therapist, I specialize in emotional, relational, & spiritual health. As a Certified Practitioner in Aroma Freedom Therapy, I use therapeutic-grade essential oils to consolidate negative narratives, obstacles, and traumatic memories. First steps include:
- Understanding Your Attachment Style
- Learning Your Personality Pattern
- Identity Formation
- Spiritual Rhythms and Practices
Please take some time to give this page a thorough look. Read the brochure. Get to know more about The Heartlift Method and Aroma Freedom Therapy. Utilize the PDF’s.
And, first, give your heart and nervous system a little break, right now, by listening to “Come, Sit By the Well,” an audio meditation I created just for you. Find a quiet spot, click on the graphic to the right, and breathe in a little ease and peace.
Be sure to check out Janell’s podcast, “Today’s Heartlift.” This podcast was initially created for the often very hard “in-between sessions” time of Janell’s clients. Glean from hours of conversations about integrating your faith + mental health practices.
Watch this interview with Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Benjamin Perkus, Creator of Aroma Freedom Technique.
How Coaching Intensives Work
The healing process can involve significant work and focused energy.
I limit my clientele in order to specialize in heart work. This creative coaching/counseling model affords more intentional, strategic, and efficient work. Expect 6-12 sessions, on the average. When you are ready, schedule your 15- minute consult: 15-Minute Consult
Your healing journey involves implementing these useful tools:
The Heartlift Method
Aroma Freedom Technique & Young Living Therapeutic Oils
Enneagram Assessment and Personal Development
Contemplative Spiritual Practices and Mindfulness
Somatic Awareness: Your Body Keeps the Score
Positive Psychology Tools
Listen to Janell's interview with Rachael K. Adams
Rachael K. Adams, on The Love Offering Podcast,
Janell shares “the why” behind
the intensive model of The Heartlift Practice. Her intensive model is trauma-informed, family-centric,
and faith-based. Is this practice right for you?
Are you looking for an inventive, creative, and
unconventional way to become emotionally healthy?
Listen here: The Love Offering Podcast
Qualifications & Training
Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling (Marriage and Family Specialization)
- Board Certification in Advanced Christian Life Coaching (Marriage and Family Specialization)
- Practitioner Certification in Aroma Freedom Technique with Dr. Benjamin Perkus
- MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) Training with Brown University
- Certification in Dynamic Attachment Re-Patterning with Diane Poole Heller
- Continuing Studies with Chestnut Paes Professional Development in the Enneagram.
- Member and Continuing Studies with American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- As an adjunct professor, author of three books + multiple articles, and thought leader in faith + mental health integration, I consider it my job to be a continual learner, active listener, & researcher in order to stay abreast and attuned of modalities, treatments, and practical methods that both enhance and empower the well-being of my clients and their families.
- As podcast host of “Today’s Heartlift with Janell,” I am privileged to interview thought leaders and prolific authors on the subject of faith + mental health. This platform requires hours of research and study and enlarges my capacity to serve as a helping professional hundred-fold.