Sweet Like Jasmine takes readers on Gray’s heart-breaking journey of faith after, at age 39, finding her long-forgotten birth certificate that sparked something that could not be ignored. She set out and uncovered family secrets found her childhood home and the father who left her when she was seven years old. As she returned to the places, culture, and stories that shaped her life, Gray realized that it’s only when we learn to embrace the truth of our past that we can finally make sense of our present and celebrate what truly matters.
I was following everyone else’s journey, except my own. I gave up on myself,” writes Gray. “But God didn’t give up on me. He tenderly gathered all the broken fragments I tried to throw away.” He whispered, ‘What no one wants, I cherish. You are worth loving. You are My beloved.’”
Unhurried in Order to Heal our Hearts
In this powerful episode, “Unhurried to Heal our Hearts,” author Bonnie Gray shares her powerful story.
So you can imagine my ecstatic response when Bonnie said, “YES,” to be on the podcast. She is a jewel and I am so excited to share her story and presence with you all.
In this episode, you will:
- Hear Bonnie’s story and hopefully her story will inform your story.
- Recognize that you don’t have to “hide” your mental health challenges.
- Understand the powerful influence a mother has on your formation.
- Be inspired to trace God’s hand in your own life story.
- Be invited to unfold like the beautiful jasmine flower.
- Realize your value, worth, and dignity, despite the negative, limiting beliefs that have been spoken over you.
- Start your HEARTLIFTING JOURNEY today.
This week’s resources
Sometimes the story we tell ourselves is not really true. Sometimes the story others tell about us is not really true. On “Today’s Heartlift with Janell,” Author, Trauma-informed, board-certified marriage and family specialist, and Professional Heartlifter, Janell Rardon, opens conversations about how emotional health and mental fitness effects absolutely every area of our lives. When we possess and practice healthy, strong, resilient emotional health practices, life is so much better. Read Janell’s newest book, “Stronger Every Day: 9 Tools for an Emotionally Healthy You.”
”What we see and where we focus profoundly affects our lives. You've likely heard the adage that we become what we behold, and I believe there is much truth to that statement. When seasons of illness, diminishment, heartache, and disappointment loom large, it is a fight to hold on to hope. Why? Because what we see and what we focus on have a way of informing our thoughts, feelings, and eventually beliefs.”
-Paige Allen, He Knows Your Name
Have you ever considered how your life might change if you 100% believe that you are indeed, a daughter of God? What affect would that have on the way you move through the day? Not just tritely say, ”Oh, yes, I'm a child of God…” but let that idea of ”belonging” saturate your soul. In Part 2, Paige and Janell give this idea a whole lot of room to breathe.
Begin Your Heartlifter's Journey:
- Visit Heartlift Central on Substack. This is our new online coaching center and meeting place for Heartlifters worldwide.
- Learn more about Paige and her new book + work: PAIGE ALLEN
- Subscribe to Paige's newsletter and download Chapter 1 of her book: CHAPTER ONE
- Support the show:
- Subscribe to the Substack Community
- Make a tax-deductible donation through Heartlift International
- Learn more about Beauty Counter and get 20% off your first order: CLEAN MAKEUP and FACE CARE.
- Learn more about Young Living Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils and the Aroma Freedom Technique: HEALINGFROMTRAUMA
- Meet me on Instagram: @janellrardon
- Meet Paige on Instagram: @paigeallentexas
Today's Heartlift with Janell is currently fully supported by Heartlift International, a 501(c)3 committed to making home and family the safest, most secure place on earth. Every resource developed, every podcast recorded, and every book written has one goal: To help families become stronger every day.
Learn more about Heartlift International and help support this podcast with your tax-deductible donation: https://www.janellrardon.com/heartliftinternational/